Thursday, July 23, 2015

Gastronomical Adventures

One of the many great perks about moving to a new city and state is exploring the neighborhood for shopping, dining and entertainment.  And although the Instigator and I haven't gone so far as to eat out every meal, we have stumbled upon a few gems within walking distance from our apartment. I have to be honest - we are walking distance to downtown where there are a plethora of shops and restaurants and three movie theaters. 

But there is one restaurant that we are particularly fond of and that is Granville Cafe.
(www.granvillecafe.com)

We had visited Granville several times before we moved here, but just recently discovered their breakfast/brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.  I plan on eating my way through all of their breakfast offerings...

Let's start with French Toast... I could easily gain back the 7 pounds I've lost from the process of packing and moving 3,000 miles by indulging in this treat regularly.  I don't recall the type of bread they use but I do know that their X-Factor is using orange zest in the dipping mixture.  And of course, served with pure maple syrup.  TD4! 


Ate every morsel.  Would have licked the plate if I could.

The Instigator had pancakes with bacon on the side.

The walk home was challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment