Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Classic Broad At A Classic Car Show

I mentioned in my last post that I live within walking distance to shopping and dining in downtown Burbank.  Being still very new to the area, I'm always looking for local events that we can attend to better know the community.  At the end of August was one of those local events - the Burbank Car Classic (http://downtownburbankcarclassic.com).

What a fun afternoon!  I'm not much of a gear head, but I can appreciate the beauty of automobiles that have been lovingly restored, preserved or rediscovered from the past.

And I finally got to wear my retro-inspired dress that I bought last year at a vintage shop in Newburyport, MA.  If seeing a 50-something parade around in a pink dress with black cats on it distresses you then, please read no further.  But personally I was thrilled to debut my Atomic Kitty dress (by Voodoo Vixen).


Clockwise from left:  Mach 5 from "Speed Racer" movie, Mach 5 and me in the "Atomic Kitty" dress; Bob's Big Boy;  Vintage Burbank police care; VW Bug from "Austin Powers-The Spy Who Shagged Me"; 1971 (can't remember the make or model, sorry)

Fabulous baby blue Ford Thunderbird that I fell in love with...
I'm looking forward to more local events to attend in my new hometown.  This weekend is the "Burbank Beer Festival"  (http://burbankbeerfestival.com/). I doubt I'll do much partaking in sampling (lightweight that I am.  And wine is more my thing), but there's a street fair for us non-suds types. Can't wait to check out the offerings there!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment