Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Like That Shirt. Can I Have It?

The Instigator likes his shirts.  And he's not afraid to wear color.  I like that about him. It's not that he's obsessed with buying them, it's just that sometimes they don't fit after a period of time because inevitably they progressively shrink after so many rides in the washer and dryer. 

Lucky me!  If the shirt happens to be a color or pattern that I like, I'll politely ask if I can have it before he puts it in the charity pile.  (He will argue that I already had dibs on it even before he took it out of the package, but that's not true...most of the time.)

This refashion is the first one I ever did.  I don't have a before photo, but suffice to say it was your basic men's long-sleeved shirt.  I had picked up New Look 6563 at a fabric store in Boston from their dollar section quite some time before.  So when I was "gifted" the shirt, I knew the exact pattern for it.




 I pretty much took apart the entire shirt seam by seam and started from scratch. Instead of purchasing ruffle trim for the neckline and peplum edge, I made it from leftover strips of fabric and used a narrow serged hem.



I don't know if I'd choose this pattern for the next shirt remake, but one thing's for sure; The Instigator will not be asking for any of his shirts back once I get me hands on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment