Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This Really Needs to Be A “Dress”ed…

In my young adult life I never really wore a lot of dresses.  That required the use of pantyhose which was just too much trouble to squirm into.  I’m still not crazy about pantyhose to this day, but I really love the choices of tights on the market.  They make wearing a dress a little less bothersome in the cooler months.  In the warm months it's bare legs (hopefully shaven) and a pair of amazing sandals, wedges, or whatnot.

It was with this in mind that I started sewing dresses – mostly of the knit variety (can’t beat them for wash and wear and no ironing!)  Here’s a few that I’ve sewn in the past couple of years.  I wear most of these on a regular basis and I’m working on more to add to the rotation.  Hope you like them!
 
New Look 6823
I get lots of compliments whenever I wear this.


Simplicity 3622
I sometimes wear this with turquoise tights and black knee boots.

New Look 6830
I used the sleeve pattern from New Look 6731

Butterick B5130
A fun dress in a fun color. 
I actually went to the extent to buy brown suede boots like on the pattern envelope!

Simplicity 3773
I made this dress to take on a trip to France in Summer 2009.

Simplicity 3673
This is my latest completion. It has a bright tropical flower lining.
I was inspired by a dress Lauren Bacall wore in "How To Marry a Millionaire".
I'm working a eggplant colored mock turtleneck to wear with it. 
I love the color combination with the mustard color of the dress.

Thanks for stopping in an taking a look around! I'll have more pics of some of my other creations in the coming posts.  Any when I figure out an easy way to do self photos, I'll add them if they're not too scary!
 ~Patty





 





No comments:

Post a Comment