Friday, February 8, 2013

A Blizzard of Baking

I live just a few miles north of Boston and am hunkering down during the blizzard that is hitting New England as I type this. Yesterday, before Blizzard Nemo (as they're calling it) made it's way into the area, I was chatting with some co-workers about what everyone does to prepare to cope with up to 30" of snowfall.  The most common theme I heard was that everyone wanted to do some sort of baking or make some kind of cold weather comfort food.

I don't know what it is about horrendous weather that traps you inside that makes one want to bake cookies or make soup.  Perhaps it's because the weather prevents you from going anywhere and you have a lot of time on your hands.  Or maybe it's because you have the time, you allow yourself to reconnect to simpler activities that are free from outside distraction.  I can only speak for myself, but I love a snow day. I'm a homebody at heart and when I have a chance to bake something, I'm all over it.

So today's baking is brought to you by Blizzard Nemo...


This wins top marks with the Instigator. 
Guess what he'll be having with coffee tomorrow morning.

I tore into this lovely after it barely had time to cool. 
I'll be having it all to myself as the Instigator is not too keen on banana bread.

Playing nice together...
 To all my fellow New Englanders riding out the blizzard, take shelter and stay safe - maybe even bake something.

~Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment